Monday, December 23, 2013

Worth

"Long lay the world in sin and error pining till He appeared and  the soul felt it's worth."    O Holy Night


"I think of Mary and the virgin birth, and I'm amazed by how much God thinks we are worth, that he would send his only Son to die and sometimes Christmas makes me cry....tears of thankfulness, tears of hope. I cry tears of joy at Christmas cause I know there is peace on Earth for every heart to find."~ Mandissa and Matthew West ,  Sometimes Christmas Makes Me Cry


These two songs' lyrics prompt reflection within my heart this Christmas. These words remind me that Christmas is about Jesus.  He doesn't change, his presence doesn't fade, his love is constant....

Christmas is about God telling you that YOU are of great worth.

Christmas is about God showing you your worth.  God sent Jesus, his Son, to Earth. God knew without Jesus we'd be eternally separated from him.  Jesus came and died for our eternal salvation.  That's how much God thinks we are worth. When we place our trust in Jesus, God sees Jesus' righteousness when he looks at us instead of our sins, mistakes, shortcomings, etc.  

That's how much God thinks we are worth.

Praying you find Jesus' peace on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment