Friday, April 25, 2014

Lesson 2: Sowing and Reaping

"Remember this:  Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."  2 Corinthians 9:6

       The first day of school I drove to school with the radio off praying.  I didn't know what to do and was terrified of the year that lay before me.  Knowing God has placed me in this position, I resolved to take it one day at a time.  
       As I prayed in a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions (fear, resentment, etc.)  God engrained the truth of this verse on my mind.  He said:


You will reap what you sow this year.  If you approach your students with joy, they will give joy back to you.  
If you approach them with resentment, that's what you're going to get back.

In that moment God left the choice up to me.  I had a choice about how I would approach each day.  When I am tried, frustrated, or unmotivated, that's the fruit I receive back from my students.  When I am cheerful, loving, and energetic, I receive that back from my students. 
      This principle also applies to family, marriage, and friendships.

You reap what you sow

No comments:

Post a Comment