Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Season of....

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. ~ Philippians 4:6

     This is the verse that I knew, but chose not to live last summer as I was very anxious anticipating all the changes professionally of a new district, school, and grade.  This combined with continued home renovations was unnerving me to say the least.

    This is the exact verse on the page of a prayer journal one of my students gave to me on Friday, our last day of school.  The verse is printed on the page immediately next to his personal note to me.  Wouldn't you know that each page of the journal has truth from God's word and one of the next pages says:

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.~Ecclesiastes 3:1

Amen!  I am thankful that I am not in charge of choosing the purpose or seasons of my life.  Instead, God in his infinite wisdom and meticulous planning prepared each of these before I was born (Psalm 139).   

This Spring has been full of new life, spiritual growth, and celebration.  Now that school is out, I'll include a few pictures of what God's been up to in my life. This has been a season of building and gathering friendships, laughing and celebrating, a time of planting, and a time to be born!


In February, my friend, Emilie, came out to visit   She helped out in my classroom and we traveled to Redwood forests and Monterey.  It was special to share my students with her for a few days and to show her around 'my world'!
In March, a few friends and I hosted Kristin's baby shower.











In May, my students and their parents came to celebrate all they've learned this year at an open house.  In this area, it's popular to have an 'Open House' each spring to showcase projects completed throughout the year.  It was rewarding to visually see the projects that have taught both the students and myself. 






In May, Baby Sellers arrived just a few days late.  We are all thrilled to finally meet the little one  we've been praying for the past 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment